"People become stronger because
they have memories they don't want to forget."
Discuss. [5m]
What are memories?
Memories are nothing more than mere illusions, don't you think so?
Can you really see those memories? No you can't.
You can only "see" them by visioning them in your mind.
Through that, how can memories make someone stronger?
Do you have precious memories that you don't want to forget?
I do and I'm sure everyone has. Don't you find that everytime
you try to recall those memories, you can't recall as much as time passes?
What happens to all those gaps of the memories that you've forgotten?
You make things up, fill them in and count it as your memory?
How then can it make you stronger when they're not even real?
What kind of things would you make up and fill in?
Things that you desired deep down in your heart, right?
I cannot remember my precious memories in details anymore.
I cannot remember those feelings that I felt at that point of time..
I cannot remember the exact smell of that place..
I cannot remember the exact sentences we've used,
the exact number of times we've smiled, laughed
and every little single thing that we've done together
during those beautiful days.
And so, I get scared. When I learn about what I could recall
and when I learn about the loopholes in my memories,
I wonder if those that I've recalled even existed in the first place.
How can they make me stronger when I'm uncertain?
People with beautiful memories long to return to the past.
People with sad memories long to forget the past.
How then can these memories make one stronger?
"People become stronger because
they want to protect / hold on to their memories"
How about this, does this hold true?
Or does it have the same meaning as the sentence above?
Personally, I think that memories cripple.
Cripple someone in a sense that you can't move on
because you are still holding on to the past,
you are still holding on to your memories.
So memories DOES NOT make one stronger.
-end-